Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Texas 4000 Bike Ride Time Lapse

Last year around this time, my life was pretty chaotic... between finishing up my Director duties at the 21st Street Co-op, packing up all my things after living there for 5 years, and saying goodbye to family and friends, I was preparing to embark on what would become the greatest adventure of my life thus far. As some of you reading this may know, last summer I cycled over 4,000 miles from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska with a non-profit organizaiton called Texas 4000 for Cancer.

Realizing that this would be an unforgettable experience, I took my video camera along for the ride and came home with over 30 hours of footage from the summer. Aside from putting together a summer video for the riders (which I will be uploading soon in several parts) I rigged a tripod head to my bike handlebars and filmed a couple of minutes everyday and created this video time lapse of our 70 day journey:



I submitted this video to the 2009 Bicycle Film Festival and was pretty confident that it would be picked up and screened, but I just got notice this week that unfortunately my submission was not selected. I was pretty bummed since I was looking forward to going to New York City for the premiere in June, but so it goes. The 2009 team's Day 1 ATLAS ride is only one month away!

No comments:

Post a Comment