Friday, June 4, 2010

Texas 4000 Documentary

During the summer of 2008, I cycled from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska with Texas 4000 for Cancer, an organization at the University of Texas dedicated to raising money for cancer research and awareness. I brought my video camera along the way to document this amazing journey and came home with over 30 hours of footage from the 70 day ride. For months, I've been working on putting all that video together, and have finally completed a 3 hour documentary-summer video from our ride, which I will be uploading this summer in weekly installments!























Over 40 cyclists biked in what was the 5th year of the ride, dedicated to raising money for cancer research and awareness while spreading hope, knowledge and charity along the way. Our team was split up into two routes to maximize the aforementioned three fold mission of the organization. I was on the Coastal route, traveling 4,569.2 miles across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, into Canada, British Columbia, Yukon Territory and into Alaska. For more information or to donate please visit Texas 4000.

No comments:

Post a Comment