Sunday, June 12, 2011

Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Piano Installation

"Play Me, I'm Yours" was a month-long, city-wide interactive art installation that invited Austinites to explore and enhance the city's soundscape. During the month of April 2011, pianos appeared in public places throughout Austin's urban area with the simple invitation to "Play Me, I'm Yours." Passersby were encouraged to play at least a few keys while listening to and observing the effects of their endeavors. In total, there were 14 pianos placed throughout downtown Austin. I didn't get photos of them all but here are a few that I managed to play!

Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Public Piano Installation
Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Public Piano Installation
Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Public Piano Installation
Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Public Piano Installation
Play Me I'm Yours: Austin Public Piano Installation

No comments:

Post a Comment